Parkour Summit 2012 – July 20th-22nd
Join Parkour Visions and traceurs from all over the US at this year’s National Parkour Summit. We’ve planned a weekend packed with amazing traceurs competing at the top level, informational talks and practical workshops led by top parkour instructors, and open training at Seattle’s best parkour spots with the community.
If you are traveling in to Seattle please join the WAPK group on Facebook for updates, hosting requests, and additional training.
(click for Google Maps)
Parkour Visions Gym
Our main 10,000sq ft parkour facility in North Queen Anne / Ballard area.
1210 W Nickerson Seattle, WA 98119
An old gas refinery plant turned public park in South Wallingford along the canal.
Meeting at the main covered area: 2101 N Northlake Way
An enormous concrete fountain and extended park downtown over the freeway.
Meeting at the main fountain structure near 6th and Seneca: 700 Seneca St
Friday 7/20 :: PKV Gym
- 11:00am – 2:00pm – Adult Open Obstacle Course Challenge
- 2:00pm – 3:30pm – Open training, break for lunch
- 3:30pm – 5:30pm – Strength practicums on squats, deadlifts, and bodyweight conditioning
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm – Dinner provided by PKV
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm Parkour informational talks
- The state of the human animal – Rafe Kelley (PKV)
- The importance of play and parkour as form of play Beth Kelley (MA, Anthropology)
- The interplay between nutrition, lifestyle, and movement – Scott Hagnass (Owner, Crossfit Portland)
- Parkour and creativity – Frosti Zernow
- Demon Drills and how simple movement drills outside can change people’s lives – Ryan Ford (APEX Movement)
Saturday 7/21 :: Gasworks Park
- 11:00am – 2:00pm Invitational Obstacle Course Competition – Featuring Frosti Zernow, Paul Darnell, Ryan Ford, Caine Sinclair, Brayden Jones, Justin Sweeney, Tyson Cecka, Jake Smith, Amos Rendao
- Break for lunch
- 2:30pm – Group warm-up
- 3:00pm – 5:30pm Parkour practicums on falling, power training, and parkour vision featuring Dan Iaboni, Rafe Kelley, Ryan Ford, Amos Rendao, Frosti Zernow
- 5:30pm – Open training
- 8:00pm – Outdoor barbeque
Sunday 7/22 :: Freeway Park, various
- 11:30am – Group warm-up
- 12:00pm – 2:30pm Parkour practicums on lowline concepts, live training, and progressions featuring Justin Sweeney, Tyson Cecka, Janine Cundy, Brandee Laird
- Break for lunch
- 3:00pm – Open training
- 5:00pm – Optional trips to Volunteer Park, various Seattle hotspots
We’re trying to keep the price low this year and will be distributing all proceeds towards the instructors/presenters and food costs.
For all those who register online each day’s practicums will be $25 each, Friday’s talks $10, competition entry $25, and Friday’s dinner $5 ($115 for everything). Drop-in registration for the same day will be $30 for each set of practicums, talks $15, competition $30, and dinner $7.
If you shoot videos/photos for your parkour community, act as a community leader, teach parkour classes, or otherwise just can’t afford admission please send us an email and we may be able to waive your fee.
Each day of the Summit we’ll have top instructors from around the country teaching on several different themes deemed the most beneficial to those without access to regular instruction. Instructors listed below subject to change as all travel plans are firmed up.
Friday @Parkour Visions Gym – 3:30pm-5:30pm
All levels, back to back sessions. If you want train safely and do parkour for the rest of your life – you need to be strong. These sessions focus on effective methods for building strength in parkour.
- Squat and deadlift development Rene Scavington, Dan Iaboni, Scott Hagnass
- Bodyweight strength development Ryan Ford, Scott Hagnass, Steven Low
Saturday @Gasworks Park 3:00pm-5:30pm
Back to back sessions broken into basics, intermediate, and advanced. Learn about falling strategies for parkour, how to develop power, and being creative from top traceurs from around the country.
- Falling/Ukemi for parkour Rafe Kelley, Tyson Cecka, Amos Rendao
- Power for parkour Dan Iaboni, Rene Scavington, Justin Sweeney
- Parkour vision and creativity Ryan Ford, Brandee Laird, Frosti Zernow
Sunday @Freeway Park – 12:00-2:30
Back to back sessions broken into basics, intermediate, and advanced. Learn effective and smooth low-impact movement, how to incorporate games and chases into training, and how to break down movements into simpler components and drills.
- Lowline training Janine Cundy, Brandee Laird, Tyson Cecka
- Live training Amos Rendao, Justin Sweeney, Rafe Kelley
- Progressive training Ryan Ford, Dan Iaboni, Tyson Cecka
Spectators are welcome, but limited to available space.
Friday Adult Open @Parkour Visions Gym – 11:00am-2:00pm
Suitable for all those with basic parkour experience and comfortable at a run. This competition is a simple test of your speed through several unique obstacle courses set up at the gym with the best overall time winning! Limited to 30 participants with a $25 registration fee.
Saturday Invitational @Gasworks Park – 11:00am-2:00pm
The invitational features some of the best parkour athletes from all over the US and Canada competing in real courses through the crazy Gasworks park. Check out the sampler from last year and come cheer them on!