ADVENTURE CAMPS 2018 - WEEK 4
SUPERHERO ACADEMY: Write your own story & save the day!
CROWN HILL CENTER
9 AM - 4 PM
learn how to make a comic book, design your own superhero outfit, roleplay your superhero and save the day!
In Parkour, heroism is a leadership mindset that drives positive action. Admired for courage, selflessness, and integrity, tales of heroes have always captivated our imagination. We are spending this week of camp using movement to explore what it is to be a hero. Kids will:
- Explore storytelling through the creation and sharing of their own superhero identity and backstory by learning how to draw comics and make their own comic book!
- Draw, design, and create their own superhero outfit by researching symbolism and drawing their superhero outfit on a white tee shirt
- Engage in a week-long RPG adventure of group challenges and cooperative games
- Learn how to to protect each other and themselves: learn techniques to fall down safely, and how to be aware of their surroundings.
- Use basic first aid skills with parkour: learn how to treat burns, scratches and scrapes, stings, and be in action incorporating parkour obstacle courses to save your buddy!
Students will learn how to journey toward their heroic selves every day, understanding more deeply how we each can help save the world. Even in every day life we can do more to be aware of our surroundings, ourselves, and each other to avoid accidents and danger. Students will explore what it means to be helpful and to use their powers for good, not evil!
By the end of the week, students will have their own comic and superhero outfit, have learned some basic first aid, and improve their own safety by getting stronger learning parkour!
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Cordelia began training parkour at Parkour Visions in 2009 with zero athletic background and worked to becoming one of the senior coaches. She has created for herself a life where she can travel the world sharing movement with a wide range of students.
She currently holds three parkour coaching certifications, a Crossfit Mobility Certification, and is a Wilderness First Responder. She is a member of the US parkour team "Move to Inspire", competes internationally in parkour obstacle courses and freerunning style competitions, and was also a contestant on American Ninja Warrior season 6.
Her biggest goal is to empower others to rise to becoming their best self, through challenging self-limitations and recognizing personal ability.